Mar 17, 2010

Goodbye India!





It's unimaginable, but I leave India tomorrow. While I can't say I feel completely at home here, there are still things that stress me out, confuse me and frustrate me, I think back to my first few weeks here and how lost I felt then. This was a good lost. An 'I'm completely out of my comfort zone, but it's great' kind of lost. Now I can barter, I know what a capsicum is, I know I don't like rasam, and I can make dosa. I am looking forward to peanut butter, hassle-free shopping and clean wide streets. I will miss the peanut chikki, the triumph of a successful barter, and, believe it of not, the garbage though; it's India! I'll also miss all the people I met here, of course. The adventure, and the curves this country can throw at you.

If you're interested, keep checking for new blogs, I think I'll write a few more posts explaining how I'm adjusting back into western culture.

And for your viewing pleasure, here are some pictures from the Sunday market last week.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful images! I am glad that you've enjoyed your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to read your next post and see how things have changed in your head and heart. You have pictures to remind you that you were actually here and did the things you did. :)

    ReplyDelete