Jan 23, 2010

Madurai 2







Just thought I'd post a few more pictures...

The gutter in the middle of the walkway at the Flower Bazaar. Full of decomposing flowers, empty chai cups and most likely crap of some variety. Yes, I walked on it.











Columns in the Palace court.







Ornate ceiling in one entrance of the Meenakshi Temple. It's a bit gaudy for my taste but... to each their own!






















The temple elephant blessing a Hindu woman. Photo cred goes to uncle G on this one.













The view out of my hotel window at about 2 in the afternoon. Add maybe 10 auto rickshaws, 5 SUVs, 3 lorries, 17 motorcycles, 9 bicycles and 47 pedestrians to the frame and you have Madurai downtown traffic at 5 pm.






A long exposure taken at dinner time, about 9:30 pm.

1 comment:

  1. I love the elephant! I wish he would kiss me.

    ReplyDelete