

The call to prayer is being chanted right now. There is a mosque across the valley the amplifies the call so you can hear it here really loudly. There's one early in the morning that always wakes me up.
Today we went into town for Tibetan food. There's a fairly large Tibetan community here and you can buy Tibetan jackets as well as eat a a selection of Tibetan restaurants. The restaurants are popular with the International school students, mostly those from Korea.
Today was also market day. The riot of colour and sound was amazing and I wanted to work on my portrait photography. At first I was quite shy, I'm not used to taking pictures of strangers at home let alone in a foreign country where I don't know the customs. But with a little encouragement I started snapping. There was no end to the subjects- goats, people, food... The faces of the people selling their wares were so full of character that it was hard not to get good shots. And it turns out that people love getting their pictures taken. I'd just smile really big and gesture to my camera and snap away. Some pictures from the market are above.
Kodai is at over 2000m elevation and the temperature fluctuates alot. At night it will go down to 10 degrees but during the day, as long as there's sun, it can get up to 25. Today was a beautiful sunny day with a temp of about 20. I am wearing jeans and a light sweater and I was walking around perfectly comfortably. The locals were walking around with their earmuffs on! At first I thought that the earmuffs were for sound or something but no, they think it's so cold that they have to keep their ears warm with fleece earmuffs!!
No comments:
Post a Comment